How creative are you with your style? If you’re finding that your wardrobe is lacking a bit of spunk or that it’s always same old, same old- then now’s the time to do something different!
Diy’s are always fun to do, especially when we really can’t wear the piece anymore (example: it doesn’t fit). But there are some diy’s that require No Change at all! It’s called: Creative Styling.
Creative styling just requires you to use your imagination to start wearing an item in a completely different way than it was originally intended- WITHOUT altering the piece.
Here are some examples of creative styling:
- using a scarf as a belt
- Wearing tops front to back
- Wearing a jacket as a top
- Wearing a cardigan as a wrap-around top
- Wearing a dress as a top
- Wearing a house duster as an evening top or dress (You’ve seen lots of this happening on this post)
- Turning a short dress into a long dress…
The possibilities are endless. Today, I’m gonna do Number 7! See how I turned 3 short dresses into midi looks- just with one skirt!
And there you have it! Seriously…How easy was that?
Wanna see the process? Please watch here:
I strongly encourage you to play in your closet and do some Creative Styling of your own! If and when you do- please share and link back to me! I’d love to see what you come up with and will share in my insta stories as well. Enjoy!
In other news…This week my article was featured in Links a la Mode!
This post was featured on Links à la Mode fashion roundup by Independent Fashion Bloggers.
More fashion articles:
- Wanna Kick-up Your Style a Notch? Start Wearing your Wanna- be- Kimonos by Confessions of a Montreal Styling Diva by Lucy Bertoldi
- Half canvas or Full canvas for Your Suit by Oliver Wicks
- Sustainability and Lolita Fashion: are our frills gentle enough with the environment? by Not Here To Please You
- 5 Characteristics of an Elegant Lady by LaMoumous
And now…ANOUNCING: Favourite Fashion Styling Diva of the Week!
Once a week I will be featuring and linking a super stylish lady whose outfit made me swoon- and will surely inspire you as well. If you get featured, please spread the love by mentioning it on your own site with a link back to mine.
I love reading other great blog posts- so I thought to include some really good ones for you to check out! They have linkup parties where you can link your own posts. Go check them out and show some love. Have a good one!
The Fashion Canvas
Jersey Girl Texan Heart
Straight A Style Blog
Doused in Pink
Thursday Moda by Elegance & Mommyhood