Today we discuss the fashionable side of eyewear. It’s no lie that very few of us would choose to wear glasses if we didn’t need to. I can actually see the reason for maybe styling here and there for a certain look- but other than that, most of us, I believe, wish we could do without the extra hardware if at all possible. Either way, everyone has got their reasons for the pros and cons.
In my case, so far I can manage without a prescription, but my reading glasses are a must, or I’d see absolutely nothing within 10 inches or closer. So I fall in the category of glass-wearer and all that it entails.
Personally, there are a few things that bother me about wearing readers:
- I keep misplacing them- or losing them altogether.
- I have to keep putting on and taking off continuously.
- Because I sit them on my head, they’re never spotless (but rather oily).
- I have tried the chains as ‘glass necklace’ and all that does is have it ripped off my neck as I bend and it gets stuck on drawers, handles etc.
- I have to keep on switching them up as they hurt- or make an indent, on my nose (they also hurt my head.
- If I wear them for too long on my head, they end up slipping off the minute I bend.
- They also don’t last, since my sight seems to keep dipping so I have to level up every few months
- And then there’s the problem of switching from sunnies to readers on sunny days.
- Some comments also get on my nerves! Scroll down to read my #confessionoftheday
The list goes on. And I suppose there are solutions. These days the only one that seems logical to me is going in for a laser consult. I understand though that there are risks to this procedure, along with the notable fact that it’s not cheap. Recovery is also tedious and a whole other experience. So I’m really doing my homework on all this.
Now- Let’s talk fashion and style! When there’s a necessity, you work around it- functionality must go hand in hand with a great look. For me, that means playing with shape, size and colour. And that does work for me. All other hindrances aside, completing a look, stylishly, is where it’s at. If I think of Apfel- well she makes it a definite fashion statement!
Here are some of my looks with readers.
The clear glass look has been one of my best…This is possibly because it takes less noticeable attention away from my actual face lol. Needless to say…I lost these last month.
And then there’s my big frame green glasses:
My most reliable go-to glasses are usually in black frames. They’re super light too. I love these!
These last ones here were my absolute all-time favourite pair. I loved them because I found they fit every situation or style. And don’t you know it- I’ve lost these as well.
From all this, you can gather, that I really do love glasses as a statement piece- especially making it work when I really do not have a choice.
What’s your stance? I’d also love to know if you’ve gone through the laser surgery. Needing advice!
#ConfessionOfTheDay: I always hate it when I hear someone says: “Oh I find you look so much better with glasses on!” Excuse me? That’s like saying you don’t like the face the person was born with! Comments please!!