Styling challenges generally happen on Instagram or Facebook, or other similar social platforms. They consist of a group, or individual, sending out a post which invites others to dress up for themes, trends, colors, patterns, or, to celebrate, or for a cause, or just for pure fun. The themes and reasons why, are endless.
Besides the fact that styling challenges are super fun- Today I’m here to give you my professional opinion as to why these challenges are good for you and why you should absolutely be joining some!
Here are some good enough reasons for you to jump in:
- Boosts Creativity: Challenges force you to look for colors, patterns, etc. that are already in your closet. Making you put them together in ways you never thought of before. Gets your creative juices flowing.
- Favors Style Evolution: Challenges help push you out of your comfort zone: This is essential if you want to evolve in your styling. We sometimes get stuck in a rut simply because we settle into a particular style.
- Makes You More Daring: Enough with the wall-flower attitude! Challenges help break the ice! Pushes you out of the “I could never do or wear that” attitude. This is hard to accomplish on your own…but with a good challenge it’s as good a reason as ever to start!
- Boosts Awareness: Challenges can bring out new awareness of styles, trends and more. It can be a learning experience that teaches you how to style up; what you really like; what you want to portray; what you need to add or take out of your closet…
- Perfect Opportunity to Play Dress-Up: All it is, is an exercise for you to try on things and have fun and play with what you own. There’s nothing serious about it- it’s just styling up clothes (you’re not applying for a modeling job for Vogue).
- Mood Booster: Remember how I’ve drilled you on the benefits of Dopamine dressing? How dressing up can improve your mood? So, this is actually fun which helps boost happiness-and who can’t use a good, no cost picker-upper these days? So why not?
- Motivation: Let’s face it- these days we don’t always feel like getting dressed up. Challenges motivate you to get up and style- up!
- Inspiration of course! Seeing what others are posting can give you so many ideas that maybe you haven’t thought of before!
It’s all positive! Plus, if you’re still not convinced, just do these challenges without posting online. Just get dressed on your own and see what you come up with- without posting. You’ll still reap the benefits😊
However, I strongly suggest that once you start on your own, at some point do try to get online and post as well. This will give you the affirmation that you did it by giving you that extra push (you got the courage to wear it out there!). As well, if you’re looking for a fun community to be part of- well, challenges can bring you that as well. Who knows how many new friends you’ll make (if you want to that is!).
Here are a few of the many of the challenges I’ve joined – and the benefits I’ve reaped from these:
So there you have it! This is my intake for joining styling challenges. Personally, I love them- especially for the inspiration they bring out in me for further looks I create…like this one!
Have you joined any styling challenges yet? If so, which ones? And- if not…Why not?
Note: You can email me or DM me anytime if you need any ideas or where to go for fun challenges.
I love this blogging community so much! (Click on the Links below to see where I go read, comment and link up every week!)
The Ageless Style Link Up- The first Monday of every month
Walking in Memphis in High Heels and The Fashion Canvas
Jersey Girl Texan Heart
Straight A Style Blog
Doused in Pink and Curly Crafty Mom
Thursday Moda by Elegance & Mommyhood
I also do a Link Party every Friday! Confessions of a Montreal Styling Diva
It’s so good to challenge yourself fashion wise. And other wise for that mather. Love your challenges!
Thanks so much! And I totally agree with you:) xx
I agree with what you said. I like that challenges push you out off your comfort zone and these days, being creative can be hard, I love that it helps with that too. I haven’t done a fashion challenge but I did a blogging challenge almost two months ago. I hope you are well and staying safe. Happy Wednesday!
Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com
Hi Maureen! Thanks! Challenges really do what they’re meant to:) Have a great weekend hun xx
I agree Lucy. Style challenges have always stretched me and even pulled me out of style ruts. You always look so cute and stylish. I enjoy seeing your outfits!
Chrissy!! You’re always so kind to me!! Thanks so much sweetheart xx
Always fun to be pushed outside your comfort zone!
Isn’t that the truth! Thanks so much:) xx
Need to participate in one!
You should Mireille- they’re so good! There are some fun ones I follow on Instagram- come check it out there!
I agree! It helps me to think outside the box and use more of my closet. I have done a 30 day challenge before with a few other bloggers and it was a lot of fun… but, the daily pictures were a lot of work!
Hi Carrie:) Yes I agree that if you take on those heavy challenges it can be a lot of work lol! Pacing and just doing some that you like here and there does help! xx
You’re so right Lucy – challenges push us out of our comfort zone and they’re fun. I have a couple of IG ones and I’m in a monthly bloggers challenge – Style Not Age – and it certainly makes me think differently at times.Thanks for joining #WowOnWednesday.
Oh I want to join those too!! YOu have to let me know when so I can join with you:) xx
You have made so many fun outfits from challenges! I used to participate in a lot of challenges, not so much now, I’ve been really focusing on my 30 wears goals and what I need to do to hit that on more pieces I already own, that’s keeping me pretty inspired with outfits 🙂
Thank you for joining the #weekdaywearlinkup! Hope that you had a lovely weekend 🙂 We managed to attend two birthday parties, even though the new restrictions made things a little different!
I love that you do that! I’m all about shopping my closet and trying to promote this the best way I can. Bravo! xx
I have recently begun participating in the biweekly Style Imitating Art Challenge. I had to watch for awhile before I got the courage to jump in, but now I love it. I will be featuring this post in tomorrow’s Creative Compulsions.
Good for you! It’s that initial jump that’s hard- but once you’re in you see how fun and beneficial it is for your own creativity:) Thanks Michelle xx
Thanks so much for this Michelle:) xx