Styling challenges generally happen on Instagram or Facebook, or other similar social platforms. They consist of a group, or individual, sending out a post which invites others to dress up for themes, trends, colors, patterns, or, to celebrate, or for a cause, or just for pure fun. The themes and reasons why, are endless.
Besides the fact that styling challenges are super fun- Today I’m here to give you my professional opinion as to why these challenges are good for you and why you should absolutely be joining some!
Here are some good enough reasons for you to jump in:
- Boosts Creativity: Challenges force you to look for colors, patterns, etc. that are already in your closet. Making you put them together in ways you never thought of before. Gets your creative juices flowing.
- Favors Style Evolution: Challenges help push you out of your comfort zone: This is essential if you want to evolve in your styling. We sometimes get stuck in a rut simply because we settle into a particular style.
- Makes You More Daring: Enough with the wall-flower attitude! Challenges help break the ice! Pushes you out of the “I could never do or wear that” attitude. This is hard to accomplish on your own…but with a good challenge it’s as good a reason as ever to start!
- Boosts Awareness: Challenges can bring out new awareness of styles, trends and more. It can be a learning experience that teaches you how to style up; what you really like; what you want to portray; what you need to add or take out of your closet…
- Perfect Opportunity to Play Dress-Up: All it is, is an exercise for you to try on things and have fun and play with what you own. There’s nothing serious about it- it’s just styling up clothes (you’re not applying for a modeling job for Vogue).
- Mood Booster: Remember how I’ve drilled you on the benefits of Dopamine dressing? How dressing up can improve your mood? So, this is actually fun which helps boost happiness-and who can’t use a good, no cost picker-upper these days? So why not?
- Motivation: Let’s face it- these days we don’t always feel like getting dressed up. Challenges motivate you to get up and style- up!
- Inspiration of course! Seeing what others are posting can give you so many ideas that maybe you haven’t thought of before!
It’s all positive! Plus, if you’re still not convinced, just do these challenges without posting online. Just get dressed on your own and see what you come up with- without posting. You’ll still reap the benefits😊
However, I strongly suggest that once you start on your own, at some point do try to get online and post as well. This will give you the affirmation that you did it by giving you that extra push (you got the courage to wear it out there!). As well, if you’re looking for a fun community to be part of- well, challenges can bring you that as well. Who knows how many new friends you’ll make (if you want to that is!).
Here are a few of the many of the challenges I’ve joined – and the benefits I’ve reaped from these:
So there you have it! This is my intake for joining styling challenges. Personally, I love them- especially for the inspiration they bring out in me for further looks I create…like this one!
Have you joined any styling challenges yet? If so, which ones? And- if not…Why not?
Note: You can email me or DM me anytime if you need any ideas or where to go for fun challenges.
I love this blogging community so much! (Click on the Links below to see where I go read, comment and link up every week!)
Jersey Girl Texan Heart
Straight A Style Blog
Thursday Moda by Elegance & Mommyhood
I also do a Link Party every Friday! Confessions of a Montreal Styling Diva