How fun that this month’s Thrifty Six theme is florals! I can’t think of a funner or more versatile print. It gives me so much joy and it’s always the right pattern for print-mixing.
I’ve named this flowery dress/ jacket, a Dracket!! Thrifted this one years ago with new tags and all- plus- it’s pure silk! Thought I’d pair it with these outrageous floral pants for a great hodgepodge look. The prints are totally different, yet they match due to the common colours: Matching Prints 101. It works perfectly here- don’t you think?!
Now onto checking out what my gorgeous Thrifty Six Fashionista Friends styled up!
The Thrifty Six is a group of international fashion influencers who meet once a month in our little space on the internet to share our thrifty outfits. On the third Monday of every month, we will all share an outfit based on a theme that features preloved wardrobe pieces. Shopping and reselling preloved clothing is so much better for the environment and you can find some of the best fashions in thrift or charity shops. The Thrifty Six are here to inspire you to shop second hand!
- Emma of Style Splash: “My favourite floral prints are vintage 70s styles in warm hues of brown, orange and yellow. This dress – which I found on eBay – definitely fits the bill with its gorgeous floral pattern. I’ve completed the outfit with a preloved orange bag and tan belt…now I just need a garden party to go to!”
- Grace of Graceful Rags: “I’m certain I have something thrifted and floral back at home, but since I’m at school, I had to venture out to find something new to fit this month’s theme… An excuse to go shopping. I’m not complaining! I found this absolutely adorable floral romper from a nearby consignment store and love the girly silhouette and cutout in the front. Now I just need a brunch to attend!”
- Jane of Preloved-Vintage-Handmade: “Florals on the edge of danger!…Florals are pretty, florals are romantic, feminine and soft. Florals are gentle, delicate, sweet and joyful…UhOh – Reeewind!This is florals on the edge of danger!In nature yellow and black warns of hazard; just look at creatures with a deadly sting or bite!In human society, black leather and studs are badass! Culturally associated with bikers, punks, deviants and mavericks.Bring this all together and you get edgy, belligerent and powerful – Sometimes I like to take an idea and just shake it up a bit!”
- Nancy of Nancy’s Fashion Style: “These skirts are two different ones! You might think, well they look alike to me. They do! But the one on the left was a new one, bought somewhere in 2013/2014. I wore it so often, it was such a great skirt. But after a few years it was worn and washed out and I had to throw it away. The one on the right I bought pre loved in 2019! I was so happy to find it again! And I am wearing the same jacket on both photos! The jacket is from the time when I was still working, I stopped in 2012. This skirt is so versatile, I love to wear it with heels, sneakers, slippers! It’s super stretchy and so easy to wear! What a fab skirt!”
- Shelbee of Shelbee on the Edge: “I found this beautiful floral dress at the consignment shop when I worked there a few years ago. I love the color and the tiny print and the shirt dress style, but when I brought it home, it just didn’t fit quite right. Fast forward to now and I have lost a bit of weight making the fit much better for this dress. But when I styled it as a dress, It was cute but really kind of boring and so I opted to wear it as a jacket instead over my mostly thrifted outfit. Won’t you please stop by my blog for more details on thon these fun preloved pieces!”
I love this blogging community so much! And I know how much goes into writing every single post, every single week. It’s a dedication thing. And- we wouldn’t do it if we didn’t love it. So we put our everything in it! Please take the time to check out these wonderful bloggers and what they have to say. It’s good for everyone:)
(Click on the Links below to see where I go read, comment and link up every week!)
The Ageless Style Link Up- The first Monday of every month
Walking in Memphis in High Heels and The Fashion Canvas
Jersey Girl Texan Heart
Straight A Style Blog
My Purple World – Oh My Heartsie Girl
Doused in Pink and Curly Crafty Mom
Thursday Moda by Elegance & Mommyhood
My Bijou Life Online 1-Creative Compulsions AND 2-Traffic Jam
I also do a Link Party every Friday! Confessions of a Montreal Styling Diva
Grammy’s Grid (all month long!)
This floral dracket does pair wonderfully with your amazing floral pants, Lucy! I love the hodgepodge floral print mix. And what a fabulous jacket that is, too! I love the versatility of floral prints, too. They are so fun for pattern mixing.
I love this whole floral theme for our group- such fun! I love your look so much as well! xx
This is very much in my wheelhouse as far as outfits go, Lucy! Love the floral mixing you’ve done here. Dracket is an excellent name for it!
Thanks Sheila! I love the name Dracket too- so funny actually !!
Such a fun mix of prints and I just love that floral duster! i have a couple of floral dusters and they are wardrobe staples for me most of the year! 🙂
Hope your week is off to a good start 🙂
They really are staples in my wardrobe too! Thanks! Hope your week is going fab too xx
Oh how I love florals! This is a fabulous look and everyone sure did a fabulous job with florals!
Thanks so much Cheryl!!
Lucy, these florals are totally fabulous! Love this look!
So cute Lucy! I love that you paired florals with more florals. You’re right – this is the perfect print for pattern mixing!
It is ! Thanks Grace xx